There comes a time, however, when you just want to perform a pre-destined action on a report row without having to open a modal, update a value or navigate to a detail page. You just want to click on the row and perform the action.
Note: All the code except for a few items (which I will highlight) will also work in APEX 5.0.X
We are going to start by adding some JS and CSS at the page level:
- We are changing the column to be a Link
- Using <span class... to display a trash can in the column header and for each row
New Page Item P65_AUTH_ID_TO_DELETE
Some other examples where this technique could be used:
- User clicks on a Tick or X icon to Approve or Reject a series of records in their 'Inbox'
- User marks a record a read
- User closes out a service request record